Besides, it is a magic dessert that makes itself while you’re enjoying your main dish! Just tuck it in the oven when you're about to start your meal. Remember to set an alarm to 12 minutes, then remove the fondants, place them on serving plates – and when you’re ready with your main dish, the fondant will be just the right temperature to be eaten!
I was astonished that this recipe, that involves no beating, melting, and so on - it only takes 2 minutes to make the batter - resulted in the most perfect fondant I’ve ever managed to bake.
Think of replacing the coconut oil by a neutral tasting one if you’re not a fan of coconut. I just love the rich taste of coconut – but the men in my family don’t ;)
For 5 portions you need:
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6 Tbps sugar
- 3 Tbps whole-grain flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
…and 5 pieces (or 2 if they're very small) of dark chocolate
First, combine eggs, yoghurt, and coconut oil (or sunflower oil) in a baking bowl. Stir with a fork. Then add the rest – sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and stir again. Ready! Don’t worry if the coconut oil remains a bit lumpy – it will melt in the oven, and you won’t notice a thing.
Now, divide the batter into five silicone muffin forms. Tuck a piece of dark chocolate inside each of them – this will be the liquid core of your fondant. Bake in a preheated oven (190 C) about 12 minutes, or until still not quite set from the inside.
Transfer onto serving plates, decorate with berries and a bit of confectioner’s sugar, and serve!
P.S. Just think how altruistic I am – to come up with this perfect recipe, I’ve eaten my way through of at least four less perfect instant chocolate cakes ;) So I do hope you like it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment