Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hit-and-Run, or the Faster than Fast Recipes

14050105There are days where I love to spend time in the kitchen. But there are also days where I’m feeling too lazy or tired to bother. Yet one has to eat something. And especially the kids do. And most of the time, they just can’t wait. Even pizza delivery would not be an option when a little princess is crying she is “so hungry she can’t wait any second longer!” That empty plate should be filled fast – but how?

So, what are the options for those days where even looking for that frying pan might seem too difficult a task, let alone all of that chopping, cutting, frying, simmering, and of course, waiting?

Pizza delivery – as mentioned before – just takes too long. But maybe one could walk or drive to the closest supermarket and buy ready-made meals? No chance, at least with those hungry kids!

But luckily, there are surprisingly many recipes that allow you to have a proper meal on your plate in just ten to fifteen minutes, or even less! The recipes I like to call hit-and-run recipes (and the Germans Blitzrezepte) require little or no effort and almost no time at all. It takes less time to make them than it takes to walk to the supermarket and back!

In my next posts I’m going to reveal my favourite hit-and-run recipes. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment